Friday, January 8, 2010

Retro-posted from 12/25/2009- A bento for my Little Mama

My little mama made the mistake of expressing some passing interest in bento-making. So I got her her own set (with some stuff to start her out).

Here is the set all wrapped up in its matching kinchaku . Next to it is a tiny Bonne Maman jar, which matched the box. However, it is too tall to fit in either tier, but it's often nice to have a little extra jar to take salad dressing or what have you.

The box looks like this:
Sorry the picture is a little out of focus. Two tiers with rubber lids on both tiers.

Under the lid, a little storage area!
You can see the elastic band in the front and some tiny cocktail (bento-sized) forks in the back. One plastic and the rest are bamboo. This set also came with some darling bento-sized chopsticks. But little mama doesn't do chopsticks so her darling daughter got them instead :D. I guess I should take a picture featuring them...they really are a great size, about the length of my hand, and plain white. Now you know what they look like.

Inside everything...
Top tier has two lift-out trays in classic 2/3 - 1/3 proportion. Bottom tier has a sliding barrier. Obscured by the barrier are 2 little fishes for sauce. Also featured: 4 silicon mini-cups (2 blue and 2 red) and a little 40ml container from Japan. Seriously, I love these guys. I'm going to have to buy some more if I keep giving them away...

The box is micro-safe with lids off and also dishwasher safe. These are key elements for my little mama. It has yet to be used, but someday soon! I was supposed to pack her a starter lunch before we left, but that didn't happen. It's a little bigger than I thought it was going to be, but a very nice set all in all. I got it from jBox. And even though I ordered it in late November, it arrived before Christmas. The shipping and whole process was very smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for little mama bentoing, I have been reviewing the "how to use a furoshiki" pdf and have had delightful results

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Yeah, the Japanese Ministry of the Environment has some really cool stuff. I'm glad you're enjoying furoshiki tying.

    ReplyDelete