Saturday, January 23, 2010

1/19/2010- Rice Pilaf Bento

I was going to cross-post this for Hapa Bento's B.O.M.B. challenge (that's Best Of the Month Bento). The theme for January was roasting, but the winner has already been drawn. Whoops. I guess I'll have to see if I can get something together for whatever February's challenge is.

Contents of bento: Rice pilaf (from Trader Joe's) with peas, garnished with peas, pomegranate seeds, and feta flowers. Steamed broccoli, carrot sticks, seasoned pecans. Roasted potatoes with thyme and rosemary, topped with feta and pomegranate seed.

Everything was tasty. I actually stuck the entire box in the microwave for a whole minute at work. Nothing exploded and there wasn't any "plastic flavor" (a dead-give-away for badness and breakdown)-- so hurray! My box is supposed to be microwave safe, but I'm pretty leery about microwaving in plastic. I try not to do it at all, but if I do need to, I try to keep the amount of time as short as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment