Friday, January 8, 2010

1/8/2010- Black Bean Burrito

The title of this posting says "burrito" but you'll notice that there is not a burrito pictured.

Contents of bento: salsa and plain yogurt in small container, a piece of pumpkin raisin bread, kale and bell pepper burrito filling, HB's famous refried black beans.

This picture shows the sidecar of corn chips. I don't know why I felt compelled to post two pictures of the same, rather plain lunch, but that's ok, I suppose.

What's not pictured (even in two pictures) is the tortilla that made this accumulation of fillings into a burrito. It was very good (heated in the microwave and then crisped in the toaster oven). I'm pretty lucky to have both a microwave and toaster oven at my disposal at work.

The pumpkin raisin bread is from our housemate, who is our resident "baker." It was really good. I didn't think about keeping yogurt unrefrigerated until lunchtime (my lunch sits in the fridge overnight and then is carried in an insulated lunchbag until I eat it) but it tasted fine. The salsa on top of it was pretty spicy/acidic, so maybe that helped. I'm not really very concerned with food safety. I mean, I use clean utensils and bento boxes and I keep them cool overnight, but once I take them to work, the biggest feeling I can muster is "meh." I've not gotten sick yet. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment