Monday, February 8, 2010

2/8/2010- B.O.M.B- A Red Bento

Hapa Bento is running her Bento of the Month contest again (Best Of the Month Bento). This month's theme is RED and here is my entry!

Contents of Bento: Himalayan red rice with red sour cherry, Thai red curry with vegetables and red pepper.

The red curry is more orangey- colored than red, but that's ok, it still counts. I tried to make the curry portion look nicely arranged (as part of my new year's resolution for prettier bentos) but I'm not sure how successful I was. It's hard to make mixed vegetable curry look pretty. As you can see, it has carrots, red pepper, green beans, broccoli, also mushrooms, onions, cauliflower, and edamame. I was feeling in desperate need for vegetables!


2 comments:

  1. Nice red rice! I have some from Bhutan that is nice, it tastes a little nuttier than white rice I think... but it could be my imagination. I love the red theme, it's not over done and very natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, this is the same rice that they eat in Bhutan...it's so tasty! I like the fact that it's a whole grain, but I think it has a better flavor than most brown rice.

    ReplyDelete