Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2/24/2010- Leftover Sushi

I know it's been a long time since there's been a new posting. Things have been very, very hectic at our house recently. Fortunately, things should be calming down a little bit this weekend.

The other night HB and I decided to get take-out sushi from the grocery. Of course some of it had to find its way into my bento for lunch.

Contents of Bento: Seaweed salad, darling little lady apple, soysauce packet, inari sushi, and some vegetable maki rolls made with brown rice. The four around the outside have a little dab of wasabi on them.

I'm not sure if this counts as a "pretty" bento, but I figured that some posting is better than none. The inari sushi looked nice and full and pretty in the container they were sold in, but when I flipped them over, I saw that they had all been woefully under-filled with rice. I'm not sure what that's about. The nice thing about a sushi bento is that I can eat it at room temperature and it doesn't feel weird or unsatisfying. I'm kind of picky about lunch foods-- I much prefer a hot lunch to a cold one.

I've been eating lady apples like crazy. HB found a HUGE box of them at work and brought them home. They have a crisp, creamy sort of flesh and an almost floral-apple flavor. They also fit into bento boxes of all sizes because they're so tiny, which is, of course, a selling point all its own.

1 comment:

  1. oooo yay! look at the teeeeny apples! That's why I like clementines too, because I can fit them in a little container. My last bag from trader joe's had such little ones that i could fit 2 in a little round container. Man, I like inari sushi yuuuuum!
    I'm glad you put in a new post, I hope things calm down at home soon.

    ReplyDelete