Thursday, February 25, 2010

2/25/2010- Star of Wonder, Star of Curry

I'm back on the "pretty" bento band-wagon. Last night my housemate made delicious potato and collards curry, which I decided to pack in a new-to-this-blog container. It's a weird little rectangular container that's about 700ml. As you can tell from this picture, it's not filled up to the top by any stretch of the imagination.

Contents of Bento: Potato and Collards Curry (under rice), brown rice, curried sweet potato fries, carrot sticks, steamed broccoli, around garlic pickle garnished with a takuan star. Not pictured, 2 tiny lady apples.

This container is actually the first bento container I ever used. I stuffed it (and myself) with way too many onigiri. A good lesson to learn for bento packing: don't take a bento box that is too big, because you will fill it, and you will end up eating too much. To my mind it's always safer to take a much smaller box and bring something extra. Since I'm a clean-plate-club lifetime member, this is a good technique for me.

The curry was great. I nuked the whole container for about a minute and then enjoyed delicious and beautiful brown rice and curry. I do so love a hot lunch...

I usually pack a more varied assortment of things for lunch, but I think I may start to do this when I take my one-dish kind of lunches. It's more satisfying and attractive than just stuff in containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment