Thursday, November 5, 2009

HB Bento retro-posted from 10/8/2009

Wow, I was looking back at my postings for October. There's a reason why there are so few of them. I just got really tired of resizing pictures. Part of the problem is that my digital camera is kind of old, so it takes these really huge-file-size pictures. Which are silly for a blog. So I have to resize them all down to 500px. which is not a big deal, but takes a long time when you have to move the giant files around. Anyways, I digress.

This is the second HB Bento, which I don't think was ever posted.

Contents of bento: bottom container- frozen blueberries, an orange pepper stuffed with La Vache Qui Rit and one green olive, 3 slices of this frozen fried tofu stuff on top of tempeh, edamame, and soba noodle stirfry, topped with a fishy of pickapepper sauce. The tofu was purchased in the frozen section of Grand Mart (a great chain of international grocery stores in Northern VA). Top container-yellow corn chips, container of salsa, 3 koala chocolate cookies, 2 japanese bean rice cake things.

He ate everything but the bean cake things, but it was not as much of a success as the first one. Firstly, HB expressed his preference for more simple meals--less variety. And he also clued me into the fact that he can't stand La Vache Qui Rit cheese, even stuffed in a pepper. Oh well. Now I know. He was so polite about it. Part of the problem is that this box holds so much food, it's a challenge to try and fill it. Better luck next time, I guess. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment