Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guest Bento- retro-posted from 10/26/2009

I mentioned in my last posting that my friend CB had started packing bento-lunch. I sent her a bento care package, with some small sauce containers and a furoshiki, because I thought she might need some cool stuff to get started. Here is her lunch from October 26th:

Contents of bento: "in case you want to know what's in my lunch- 1 cup of tomato/red pepper soup, box of salad with sesame ginger dressing (I might start putting it in one of the little containers...) and a cheese stick from TJs"

And here is what it looks like all wrapped up:


In her own words again:
"I'm not really doing pretty bentos, but everyone notices my tied up lunch complete with cutlery! I think it shows that even if you are lazy, you can still use bento elements. And there is something about having your lunch tied in a furoshiki that just makes it more like a meal rather than just crap in a box. :)"

Nicely done, CB! I don't think I could have said it better. CB uses her furoshiki as a placemat. Usually I use mine as a napkin, but that's because I'm too lazy to pack a separate napkin.

I especially like the use of regular-ol' containers to pack lunch. Though I love my Totoro bento box with a passion that will never die, I do often use other containers to pack lunch. Maybe I should take pictures of that too. Bah, there's always something I could spend more time on.

No comments:

Post a Comment