Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/10/09 Bento- asian eggplant

So this is an angled shot of my bento from Tuesday. Really simple.
Contents of bento: asian eggplant (a sort of thai-basil kind of dish) on the left, rice on the right, garnished with red pepper and a basil leaf. I'm not sure what the garnish is supposed to look like, except some color breaking up the white of the rice. :D

Here is a picture of the whole thing, with totoro lid arrayed nicely.



The side car container also has a small plum in it. I also packed some green grapes. Those of you who know about bentos will notice that I did not use correct bento proportions on this box. There is more like 1/3 rice, and 2/3 other stuff. That's because 1 cup of rice is a serving, so that's what I put in. I thought it was just about the right amount. Everything was very tasty and I usually find my stir-fries good cold. (Though, to be honest, it was cooked too long to be a true stir-fry, but I'm not sure what else to call it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment