Wednesday, September 2, 2009

6/8/09 Bento- Curry

As promised, I am retro-posting my previous bentos. I looked around on all the places I keep such things and I only have 4 pictures of the 35 I made this summer. Boo! Well, at least 4 is better than none.

This bento is from June 8th and featured leftover Indian food made by my housemate the night before. I packed it after dinner and stuck it in the fridge overnight (my favorite way to speed-bento in the morning).

Contents of bento: brown rice with strawberry garnish, Turnip and Greens curry, Indian garlic pickle in blue silicon baking cup, and the little bear is filled with yogurt. This is in my 400ml Glasslock container.

Side dish: dal in a Ziplock twist container.

I took out the strawberry, bear, and garlic pickle and popped it in the microwave to heat a little bit. Everything was great, but the bear was a devil to clean. The bottle has little shoulders which trap viscous liquids. I think yogurt is better served in a different container. I also noticed that the silicon baking cup absorbed some of the intense odor of the garlic pickle. Several washings and letting it air out solved that problem. The silicon baking cups are from Wilton and are a great boon to having little side dishes all separated out.

No comments:

Post a Comment