Sunday, August 22, 2010

8/12/2010- Sandwich Bento

I like sandwiches. They're easy to hold, I like bread, and they taste great at room temperature. But for some reason I don't often think of packing them in a bento. There are these great little buns you can find at the grocery store up here. They're like hamburger buns, but about the size of the palm of your hand...well, my hands are small, but you get the picture. Perfect for bento. Here you go!

Contents of Bento: carrot sticks; sandwich with pesto, cheese, and hummus on tiny bun; blueberries, tomato, lettuce, and leftover pasta salad. Side car with melon and a flower pick, and a peach. (Do I dare to eat a peach?........yes........)

It was great! I put all the lettuce on the sandwiches. By keeping the lettuce off (cheese goes next to the bread, with squishy stuff on the cheese) you can avoid terrible soggy bread, one of my least favorite things. And the place where I'm working is in a converted old mill building, so it's right by a river. I ate my lunch on a nice big rock down by the river. Very pleasant. :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I love sandwiches, my mom used to make me these terrible sandwiches when i went to a day arts camp one year, they were made on frozen bread ("it'll thaw by lunch time") and because i loved tomatoes, they were like basic lunch meat sandwiches with tomato, sometimes lettuce if i was lucky but the bread was always bleeeeah terrible... i didn't complain. I had a big salad today, and half a sandwich tied up in my old/new blue cat furoshiki, i also always separate my salad dressing into a little container that I put in the salad container... makes it a lot less limp. I deserve crunchy lettuce and dry bread!

    ReplyDelete