Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8/10/2010 a Bento for Back to Work- Mixed rice and Lentil

As some of you may or may not know, I am currently between libraries. I have a temporary gig (as of today) to bring in the benjamins, so I'll be packing bento lunch again on a regular basis! Hooray! Though, I'm pretty sure that by this point, I have no readers left... oh well, we obscure bento-bloggers must soldier on through anonymity.

Contents of bento: bottom section: delicious lentil goo, and mixed wild and brown rice with almonds, onions, and fresh herbs. Top section: green tomato with sungold in center, carrot sticks, green pepper pieces, a tiny apple, honeydew and 3 flower skewers of blueberries. The side car has very fancy hummus- plain hummus with parsley, chives, paprika, olive oil, and a chive flower.

Everything was delicious at room temperature, though I got a little sun eating my lunch outside. Even though I was in the shade...I guess I need to come up with some plan to prevent this. It's hard when it's 80-90 degrees out, though.

I really enjoy eating out of this blue sheep box. It's so brightly colored that it provides a nice automatic contrast to the food you're eating.


1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading! Also, I've never seen a chive flower in real food before... what does it taste like texture wise? i imagine it wastes like chives, of course i could be wrong. Can you post another picture of the top of your sheep box, ack I should stop being lazy and just scroll through the archives. I hope your temp gig is ok. Honestly I only have a few more days before back to work but i hate being home alone. It's so boring!

    ReplyDelete