Sunday, July 11, 2010

Retro posted from 6/26/2010- Jambalaya and other adventures in Little Mama's kitchen

As I mentioned, one of my former colleagues (who was also in the same library science school program as I was) stayed with my folks and I while we went to the conference. So of course I offered to make her a bento too! Lucky me, she definitely appreciated them. She also eats meat, so I could pack things I don't pack for myself.

Packing a bento box in Little Mama's kitchen was an interesting adventure, since I didn't know what she had for bento foods, but I think we made out pretty well.

Contents of bento for my conference buddy, C: small oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, two meatballs, 1 grape, jambalaya rice from Trader Joe's with carrot hearts. The other side has a cream-cheese stuffed mini pepper, more grapes, and a spanikopita. The bottom section has broccoli slaw, grape tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and a fishy of lemon juice. The side car has salsa for the meat balls.

Contents of my bento: broccoli slaw, tomatoes, a few errant grapes and carrots, two cream cheese stuffed mini peppers, and garbanzo beans in the corner. The other side has a spanikopita, more grapes, and jambalaya rice. The lid held some more of those little cookies.

Everything was great and we even had a chance to eat together. It is very nice to make a bento lunch for someone who appreciates it. I had to use little mama's bento box, but she said that was ok. Anyways, fun! And bento lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment