Friday, May 7, 2010

5/7/2010- Fresh Noodles and Salad leftovers Bento

Yesterday was HB and my 4th anniversary. Yay! We had a lovely set of meals: lunch at Chez Trinh, dinner at Francesco's. Mmmmmm nothing says marital bliss like gluttony. Anyways, I packed my leftovers from lunch in HB's tiffin. It was perfect for the salad/stuff combination that I always get at Chez Trinh.

Contents of Bento: Rice Noodles with Fried Tofu and delicious sauce. With extra cucumber, chopped basil, green onions, carrot hearts, and two fishes with my recreated delicious sauce for the salad. The other container has chopped romaine and red leaf lettuces, and a few carrot hearts.

The fishes have soy, rice vinegar, and a little fish sauce. It was not nearly as good as the delicious sauce the original dish had, but I had to bring a little extra. On the ride home from the restaurant, the little clamshell container they had given me with the leftovers leaked in the plastic bag it was in. There was still some sauce, but not as much as previously. :(

This is a great way to do leftovers--take some home, then fill it out to a full meal with whatever you have at home. I had no bean sprouts, but lots of cucumber and lettuce. And even a little bit of fresh basil. It worked out great.

Anyways, I just dumped the container with stuff on top of the salad and tried not to shove it into my mouth as fast as possible, like I usually do when I eat this dish. It's just so good...mmmm delicious Vietnamese food. I actually put a freezer pack into my cooler bag with the tiffin. I was worried about the lettuces getting wilty. Everything was delicious!

Look for a Francesco's bento later this week, perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved going to Chez Trinh with Mark when I used to visit Williamsburg. I really love Vietnamese salad/stuff especially bûn (sorry, that is not really the right letter, but I can't remember what that is) the vermicelli noodles with salad and miscellaneous. yummmmm I love fish sauce.... .fiiiiiiish sauce. I had food court sushi for lunch today, .. it was pretty darn good, and seaweed salad- have you ever had that? It's the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, I love seaweed salad! Sadly, no Francesco's posting---HB ate my leftovers for lunch before I could bento them up.

    ReplyDelete