Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Bento Post of the New Year! (Bento from 2/1/2011

This is also post #100. That doesn't represent 100 bentos, but it's close. (I haven't had time to go back and count. I guess I should.)

A couple of months ago I made a grand pronouncement that I would post once a week. And then....NOTHING. Bluh. I have been making a lot of excuses for not posting, for not bentoing, etc. And I have decided to just free myself from the guilt-burden of feeling like I have to have a world-class bento blog. I'm going to take pictures of my bento lunches when I make them, even if that is not very often, and I'm not going to feel bad that they're simple or plain or whatever. SO THERE!

Basically, I was reminded that bento-making used to be a hobby of mine when I got a nice letter from C (remember from the summer?). She asked what I had been bentoing lately. The answer: nothing. I still take my lunch and it's usually in little containers, but there have been very few bento principles there. The other prong of the goad that has started me back on this track is that I have made a lot of excuses for why I don't bento now: I'm busy, our kitchen isn't set up right, blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that last spring, during a terribly chaotic time in our lives, I was able to pack a bento at least once a week while finishing up my master's degree and working full time. No more whining!

I have a new bento-gear item: tiny spoons! My friend JP who lives in the UK brought me a whole bunch of teaspoons for Christmas and one of them fits into the lid of my bento box. Sweet!

the distance shot

and the close up.

My bento for yesterday.


Contents of bento: pizza pieces in the upper tier, garnished with a snap pea and food pick flower. Mixed greens, more snap peas, a silicon cup of pecans and cranberries. The mooosh is pureed pumpkin with maple, salt, and pepper. Mmmmmm adult baby food.

Aside from the fact that the pizza was too moist (and kind of gooshy by lunch) it was a tasty bento.

No comments:

Post a Comment