Wednesday, December 9, 2009

11/30/2009- Leftover Sushi Bento

After thanksgiving gluttony, we needed something a little lighter. HB and I went out to dinner with his folks for delicious Japanese food and here is my bento filled with leftovers.

Contents of Bento: Leftover sushi from Soya- Shiitake maki, kimchee roll, cucumber maki and vegetarian maki (on its side). On the other side, one veg. gyoza, some takuan, Japanese pickled carrots, onions, and fresh shredded daikon (mostly obscured on the upper right.) Also red peppers, two fishes of soy sauce, and one of sirracha (since I don't have any wasabi at home, sirracha makes a nice substitute. Side car with a finger of shortbread from HB's mum. Man, she makes amazing shortbread.

The gyoza was from home (Trader Joe's frozen). I just stuck it in the box frozen and zapped it about 15 seconds in the microwave at work. That seems to work pretty darn well, especially for my lazy self.

NOTE ABOUT THE CONTEST: sadly, I did not win. But it was an honor to be selected as a finalist (one of three finalists out of about 50 entries...) So, hurray for the bentoblogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment